A new version of JDarkRoom is available with the following features/changes:
- New settings screen allows you to change your colour preferences
- JDarkRoom starts with the file that you were working on last time
- Files are now saved in UTF-8 format (support for central-european character sets)
- JDarkRoom notifies you if you might have forgotten to save your changes
- Full-screen mode should now work properly on Mac OS X
JobTrawler 0.7.3 has just been released. This version is a minor release that brings the search plugins up-to-date.
I’m proud to announce the release of JDarkRoom, a Java-based clone of DarkRoom, which is itself a clone of WriteRoom.
From the website:
JDarkRoom is a very simple full-screen text file editor with none of the usual bells and whistles that might distract you from the job in hand.
DarkRoom requires .NET and therefore only runs on Windows; WriteRoom is Mac-only – hence the development of JDarkRoom which should run on both.
Please try it out. I’m using it right now to write this. It’s only 172KB (provided you’ve got Java installed already). And did I mention that it’s completely free?
Link: JDarkRoom website